Tuesday, December 28, 2010

An End & A Beginning...

WHO THE HECK IS MAYA KAVAL??

I've often been one to say that it's up to me to decide who I am.
I suppose this year I'm about to take my own advice quite seriously.

I'm entering a new phase of my life... And with that is coming a new website, a new blog, a complete and total new way of living and even a new name.

Don't get me wrong.  Danielle has served me well.  And to those who already know and love me as Danielle, they can continue to call me by that name... (I'll be keeping Danielle as my legal middle name anyways...)

"Danielle" has become quite meaningful to me, and the name itself represents many lessons and years of living.

Many Summers ago, at a children's camp in Northern BC, I learned what my name meant.  An elderly volunteer whom we called "Firefly," with baby naming book in hand, would look up name after name for the children standing in the long line-up.  Two ahead of me in the line was a girl named Melissa.

"Melissa, you're name means 'honeybee!'"

Wow.  That's kind of cool!

The girl right in front of me was called Sarah.

"Sarah... Oh wow.  You're going to like this.  Your name, dear one, means 'Princess!'"

My turn.

"Danielle? Danielle... Danielle... Ahh.  Danielle is the masculine form of Daniel, which means, 'God is my Judge.'"

WHAT!?  I've been gypped.  What little girl wants to hear that??

Well, several years and many adventures, gains, losses, lessons and successes and mistakes later, my name has become quite precious to me.  I've grown and changed a lot.  I'll never forget the lessons I have learned as Danielle.

But now I'm beginning a new chapter in my life.  New challenges.  New vision.  New passion.  New people.  New lessons.  New growth.

I am incredibly grateful to those who have shared my journey so far--- To my family, my friends, my extended contacts and to those complete strangers who enjoy creeping through my blog from time to time!  (I know you're there! Hahaha.)  Every bit of friendship, support and kindness has not gone unnoticed! 

I invite you now to journey with me into this new season of life...

Enter the age of Maya Kaval.






7 comments:

RSA Course said...

That's cool, good luck!

Anonymous said...

May I simply say what a comfort to discover an individual who actually knows what they are talking about on
the internet. You certainly realize how to bring a problem to
light and make it important. More people have to check this
out and understand this side of the story. I was surprised that
you are not more popular since you most certainly
possess the gift.

My web page :: http://www.miumiuoutletshopx.com

Anonymous said...

Hello every one, here every person is sharing such knowledge, thus it's pleasant to read this weblog, and I used to pay a visit this web site everyday.

My website; toryburchoutletshop2013.com

Anonymous said...

I think that is one of the most vital information for me.
And i am satisfied reading your article. However wanna commentary on few basic issues, The web site style is perfect, the articles is actually
nice : D. Good job, cheers

My website - トリーバーチバッグ

Anonymous said...

When someone writes an post he/she keeps the thought of a
user in his/her mind that how a user can know it.

Therefore that's why this paragraph is perfect. Thanks!

my blog post ... http://dnedmagazine.com/

Anonymous said...

I do consider all the concepts you've presented for your post. They're really convincing and will definitely work.
Nonetheless, the posts are very brief for novices. May
just you please lengthen them a bit from next
time? Thank you for the post.

Here is my blog; ミュウミュウ店舗

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't leave your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the standard information a person supply to your guests? Is going to be back often to check out new posts

Also visit my webpage :: ミュウミュウ店舗